The following are sale prices of professional lacrosse teams, either published in the media or provided by sources with direct knowledge of the transactions. If you would like to know our source for a particular transaction, contact us and we’ll be happy to share, unless the information was provided on background by an industry source.
As with all business numbers in sports, understand that these figures are occasionally misrepresented by owners or obscured by faulty memories. Prices may represent the price of a controlling interest in a team, but not 100% of the shares. In a few cases, we have used the less than (<), greater than (>) and estimated (~) symbols to indicate partial information gleaned about a sale.
Major League Lacrosse (2001-Present)
- 2005 – Chicago Machine – $1.0 million
- 2005 – Denver Outlaws – $1.0 million (Pat Bowlen)
- 2005 – Los Angeles Riptide – $1.0 million (Anschutz Entertainment Group)
- 2005 – San Francisco Dragons – $1.0 million (Mike Levitt, Chris Bulger, Charlie Biggs)
National Lacrosse League (1987-Present)
- 2000 – New Jersey Storm – $500,000 (Jayson Williams)
- 2006 – Chicago Shamrox – $3.0 million (Donald Sallee et al.)
- 2006 – New York Titans – $3.0 million (Gary Rosenbach et al.)
- 2008 – Boston Blazers – $3.0 million (Tim Armstrong)
Sale of existing franchises:
- 2008 – Rochester Knighthawks – $5,500,000 (Steve Donner et al. to Curt Styres)